Friday, March 26, 2010

Tuna & navy bean salad



I've had the last couple days off and have been in the mood to make healthy stuff. Yesterday I made Tuna & Navy bean salad. It started off as a basic no-mayo tuna salad but then I realized I had navy beans that I'd cooked the night before so I added them and served it all atop a bed of romaine lettuce tossed with olive oil.

This recipe was so easy and can easily be modified to anyones tastes

1 can chunk light tuna (you can use less; I use one can because I need a lot of protein to stay full)
1/4c navy beans (cooked or canned)
6 diced baby carrots
1 stalk diced celery
3 tbsp parsley, chopped
1 tsp olive oil
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
juice of 1/2 lemon
salt
pepper
~~~~~
1/2 romaine heart, chopped
1 tsp olive oil
2 tsp apple cider vinegar

Combine tuna, beans, parsley, carrots, celery, olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, salt & pepper
Place romaine in a bowl, toss with olive oil & vinegar then top with tuna mixture

No comments:

Post a Comment